Monday, October 5, 2009

Trip to Colorado



Yesterday we got back from a weekend tip to visit with Brady's friend from Utah, Davey, who flew out to meet us in Broomfield, Colorado, where Brady's parents are living. It was a fun trip. We took the cog train near Colorado Springs to the top of Pike's Peak, which is 14,150 feet high. It was a lot more fun for me than hiking to the top. I am not a fan of hiking up. They had a little gift store and treat shop at the top to escape the negative two degree weather outside. I had chocolate donuts and hot chocolate. On the ride down I started to feel nauseous, but managed to hold down the hot chocolate climbing back up my throat until I got of the train and hid behind a big dumpster. Unfortunately, for the rest of the outing I had to wear a portion of my stomach contents on the bottom of my pant legs from the splash. We also visited the Garden of the Gods which was extremely cool and free. I couldn't believe the guy who was free climbing the rocks! So dangerous! It was a fun trip weekender. I always have a great time with Brady's family.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Things never taste better the second time around. Sorry. Sounds like other than the puking, you had a good time though. I didn't know you had a pregnancy blog. I am going to have to check that out :) Pregnancy isn't always the funnest ride, but oh what a ride it is. LOL.

Elise said...

Hey Melanie. Sounds like a fun trip! Hope Brady is liking his rotations.