How many good things can I think of that may not have taken place without a journey through medical school?
- I learned that I can still be happy while living thousands of miles from my family.
- I learned that I am no ordinary women and can accomplish all sorts of electrical, plumbing, auto, landscaping, and financial feats on my own.
- I saw new and beautiful places and things, like a field lighted by the glow of thousands of lightning bugs and a "real" river.
- I discovered what it is to be and what its like to have a true friend.
- I got to learn all sorts of cool words that are fun to say like Shigella, syncope, and parasympathomimetic.
- I learned the difference between a good doctor and a bad one and how they might have gotten that way.
- I've watched someone have a dream and then follow it until they made it a reality.
Congratulations to everyone who is nearing the end of this phase of our journey!!